Pages

Thursday 23 July 2015

My First Tattoo Journey- Horror to Happiness

Summary: Getting a tattoo is not as easy as it appears. Undoubtedly, it looks beautiful, but it causes pain. If you are planning to get one for the first time, it is better you learn few things in advance. May be this story help proves to be helpful. Read on.
‘I want to get a tattoo done’… if this is the latest thing in your mind, then let me tell you, it is not simple at all. There is a lot that you need to prepare for, besides the design or words you want to get tattooed. As far my experience is concerned it was a true journey from horror to happiness.
My First Tattoo


How it started?
In last summer, one of my friend got her third tattoo done on her back. It was really beautiful. Thus, I decided to go for one. Though I had been contemplating it for a long time, yet the fear of pain and after complications always forced me to step backward. Moreover, I just wanted to be 100% sure before I step in.

What I researched?
Well, I took an ample amount of time to complete my research. It began with searching a good ink for my skin, a perfect design and above all, a safe and ideal place to get it done. For this I did a lot search online and selected 6 top tattoo parlors in the city. Visiting them personally, I enquired about every minute things, including the cost, ink quality, time taken, after aid and lots more. Finally, I was satisfied with one of them. However, the biggest question, which ‘design’ to be tattooed, was still pondering. With combined efforts of their team and my vision, we finalized a design, which was really classy.
Now, I booked up a time slot for the next week and waited for the final day to arrive!  

How it happened?
Saying that I was ‘ok’, will not be fair. I was horrified, as I know I am never good with pain. And I was told by a friend that it causes severe pain. With all my heart I went there and met the tattoo artist. It hardly took him five minutes to anticipate my terror. He asked me to drink water and relax for a while. He then asked me whether I was comfortable or not. To which I replied honestly, saying that I am not fine. I told him that my biggest fear was not being able to handle the pain. And I don’t want to quit half-way through.
He was really generous and showed me the final design he had drawn up. At that very moment, I was determined to have it. But, with a little fear of pain. For this, he advised me to go for Dr. Numb. Just like you I had many question, like:

What is Dr. Numb?
To this he answered that, it is a water-based numbing cream, which they have been using for years. Especially, for those who cannot tolerate pain at all. Having the most appropriate amount of Lindane, Dr. Numb is the only solution trusted by tattoo artists for big and small art.
It causes numbness for 3 to 4 hours, so that the process is carried out easily and safely. I was pleased with the idea.

What next?
He applied Dr. Numb and soon my skin was numb. He started with the outline first and then worked with the needle on my back to settle down the design. Finally, I got it in real and I was very happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment