Pages

Saturday 24 October 2015

Katy Perry Likes To Smell Edible'

You don’t need any introduction to this beautiful and elegant star - the ‘Mad Potion’ fame Katy Perry. Her kooky styling sense, ever-changing hair and killing smile makes her the queen of rocking fun and marvelous looks. 

She is not only the face of Covergirl, but Katy Perry is one of the biggest pop stars of all time, and now has become a true beauty icon for us. 



Although, her hardcore energetic shows and busy schedule have taken a toll on her body, as she says, “My knees are giving out on me now,” she says. “I do acupuncture every two to three days. I tour with a stage that goes from the front of the house to the back of the house with a triangle thrust that is a moving treadmill; I think I’m some kind of Olympic athlete!” Katy has still managed to look young and grace as always. 

So, here are a few beauty secrets of Katy Perry to learn and inspired from. Have a look.  

Katy well understands the worth of her beauty and hence follows a strict regime for up keeping the fitness and beauty. She says, “I don’t drink much. I used to drink a lot more when I was younger. Body can’t take it. Mind can’t take it. Focus can’t take it. You know how it is – at 30, you just don’t recover.”

How Does Mad Potion Differ From Your Last Fragrance?

She says that her last fragrance Killer Queen was a bit feminist, rebellious, floral and very royal. But, mad potion is her signature scent currently. It is a blend of various exotic vanillas and musks. Mad Potion is like a gourmet with a twist. But she feels it a sweet instead of an androgynous. The stuff isn’t so on the nose appeals to her. 

“I like to smell edible. Mad Potion is playful and the name is a reference to a mad hatter of sorts. It’s a bit kooky and weird. I’m a sucker for themes so, when I figured out that this would be a potion bottle, the campaign surrounded me.”

What’s Your Best Tip For Clear Skin?

“I never sleep with make-up on. Water and sleep help too!” When asked about her backstage beauty tip, she says that it’s all different on stage than it is at home. She prefer doing make=up on her own when she’s at home. “It’s all about my lashes and brows when I do my own make-up. I do a lot of mascara and shaping of the brow. I definitely have more natural skin.”

Among her list of products, she uses Lash Blast Mascara from Covergirl and still likes eyelash extensions. She believes that it makes you feel like Bambi when you wake up. “I’ve been pretty addicted for five years now. I like doing that, with a nice bronzer and powder. I just learned to shade so you get the most incredible bone structure. I know how to slim my face down.”

What Was The Last Really Exciting Beauty Trick, Product Or Service You Discovered?

“Shu Uemura oil! I use it to wash all my make-up off. It really lifts off the entire residue.” Katy prefers treating blemishes with ice and eye drops as it takes the red out. “I was looking for a nail file the other day and found out that a matchbook works. “

Who Is Your Beauty Inspiration?

I love accessorising and I love the alternative grunge tumblr look – a little street wear, 90s wear. I like taking cheap things and making them look really gorgeous. I like girls that look like cartoons. I love that presentation. In real life, I like someone looking healthy and taking care of themselves from the inside out.

Last but not the least, Katy says, “What I find really interesting about beauty is that, even if you had all the products in the world, they could never make you feel amazing – that comes from within.”




No comments:

Post a Comment